Q: My browser is asking me to allow Tapping Place to use my camera. But I already chose "Start Video Chat." Why is it asking that?
To protect your privacy, browsers have built in security that explicitly requires you to authorize use of your camera.Q: Does the site work on my smartphone?
It works perfectly on most devices, including tablets, laptops, and phones. To save it as an app on your phone, open a browser window and save it as a favorite.Q: My streaming video is slow, jerky, or low-resolution. How can I improve it?
- Check to see if you're running another video app like Skype or Zoom, and quit, because you can't have the camera effectively being used by two video-based apps at the same time.
- Second, close all other apps that might be using the Internet, like Spotify or Pandora. This will free up bandwidth for Tapping Place.
- Third, close all other windows in your browser.Q: Which browsers are compatible with Tapping Place?
- For desktop and laptop machines, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
- For Mobile: Chrome (Android), Safari (Mac).
- To give yourself an optimal experience, please do not attempt to use incompatible hardware and software.Q: Do I need a web cam to talk to a practitioner?
It is not necessary to have a web cam. You can have a session that is audio-only. However it is helpful if the practitioner can see you and you can see them, so if you do have a web cam, please use it.Q: I forgot my password. How can I restore it?
Use the "restore password
" form. If you have more than one email address, password reset instructions will go only to the address you used during registration. Neither your practitioner nor the site administrator has access to your password.Q: How can I add money to my account?
You may do it on the Add Funds
page.Q: Who owns and runs Tapping Place?
Tapping Place is owned and managed by EFT Universe